The registrations at the Master in Epileptology organised by the ERN EpiCARE centre Hospital San Juan de Dios – Hospital Clinic, in collaboration with the Universitat de Barcelona are now open.
This is a full time training one year course. Clinical and EEG training, as well as classes, are delivered in Spanish.
The number of students is limited to 4 per year (Deadline for registration: June 30th, 2019).
For more information contact the Master Secretariat: Mrs Susana Párraga: email@example.com
- Deadline for sending documentation: 30/06/2019
- Date of acceptance of candidates: 07/31/2019
- Initial date of pre-registration: 11/01/2019
- Final date of pre-registration: 11/30/2019
- Course start date: January 2020
For up to date information please click here.
- Campistol Plana, Jaume
- Carreño Martínez, Mar
- Arzimanoglou , Alexis
Number of credits: 66,00
Length of course (in academic years): 1
Mode of delivery (face-to-face/ blended/ distance): Face-to-face
In-company placement(s): No
- 3.000,00 €
- An increase of 10% is applied to the price, up to a maximum of € 70, as administration fee
Objectives and admission
- Diagnosis of epilepsy in children, adolescents and adults, including knowledge of the main causes, interpretation of the symptoms of seizures, EEG, and neuroimaging techniques, classification of seizures and types of epilepsy.
- Advice for patients and families with epilepsy, including information on the cause, treatment, prognosis, implications, and precautions at different times of life.
- Pharmacological treatment of epilepsies in children, adolescents, and adults, including knowledge of the mechanisms of action, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of antiepileptic drugs, interactions, adverse effects, choice of antiepileptic drug based on the type of epilepsy or epileptic syndrome and the characteristics of the patients, dietary treatment, discontinuity of antiepileptic treatment.
- Surgical treatment of epilepsies, indications of pre-surgical assessment, interpretation of prolonged video-EEG monitoring, neuropsychological assessment, neuroimaging and nuclear medicine tests, available techniques, results of surgery by etiology, monitoring of the patient, drug management after surgery, and palliative surgery.
- Emergencies in epilepsy, including management of children, adolescents, and adults with a seizure outside of the hospital, diagnosis and treatment of convulsive and non-convulsive status epilepticus.
- Epilepsy comorbilties, including mood and emotional regulation disorders, and learning and development disorders.
Recommended applicant profiles and admission requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, specialization of Pediatrics or Neurology.
Institution or contact: Hospital Sant Joan de Déu – Hospital Clínic, Barcelona
Address: Passeig Sant Joan de Déu, 2 – 08950 Esplugues de Llobregat-Barcelona, Spain
Institution or contact: Susana Párraga
Address: c / Santa Rosa, 39-57, floor 0, Àrea de Docència
Telephone: 93 253 21 00 ext. 73902
Observations: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.