Recent advances in signal analysis and information technology have triggered a boom in the field of mobile health, with important applications to the management of patients with epilepsy, including seizure detection.
The International Congress on Mobile Health and Seizure Detection in Epilepsy became an important forum to disseminate, facilitate and accelerate progress in the development of mobile health solutions and seizure detection devices for patients with epilepsy.
The third edition of the congress will enhance information-exchange among researchers, high-tech companies, medical organizations and patients´ organizations facilitating networking, development of joint projects and collaborations in this quickly developing field.
In addition, interactive, educational hands-on sessions will contribute to the dissemination of novel technologies.
Pre-congress workshop on home video-EEG monitoring. Automated seizure detection in long-term video-EEG monitoring will be included into the pre-congress workshop
• Automated seizure detection using wearable devices: Which device for which patient?
• New devices: Is there a disruptor?
• From seizure detection to action: linking devices with interventions
• Wearable devices and differential diagnosis
• Seizure prediction: are we there yet?
• Objective seizure quantification and characterization
• Epilepsy apps: are they really changing the game?
• Telemedicine: are changes in practice caused by COVID-19 here to stay?
• Future research and development: in the aftermath of the clinical practice guideline on seizure detection – Panel discussion