An important mission of the ERN EpiCARE is to support education and training of young doctors already working in the field of rare and complex epilepsies. One of the concrete actions in that aim, recently decided by the Executive Committee following a proposal of the Education and Training Working Group, is to support up to 5 participants at major scientific congresses in the field, held in Europe and organized by:
- the European Pediatric Neurology Society (Prague, June 2023)
the European Academy of Neurology (Budapest, July 2023)
the ILAE (35th International Epilepsy Congress in Dublin, September 2023);
The support will not exceed 1000€ and can only cover, based on the presentation of receipts, registration fees, accommodation expenses corresponding to the dates of the congress and travel. The candidate(s) selected will be reimbursed after the congress.
Requirements for candidates:
The candidates will have to provide one page CV, the abstract submitted to the congress + letter with a few lines outlining the benefits that attendance at the congress would provide for the candidate as well as his/her desired future involvement in the field of rare and complex epilepsies.
- Must be a member of the junior healthcare staff (<3 year since completion of training), residents, fellows or PhD students working in one of the Full or Affiliated members of EpiCARE (Certificate from Head of Dpt requested).
- Must be the first AND presenting author of an already accepted communication (oral or poster), and physically present at the congress (attendance to the congress will be requested).
- The topic treated MUST be related to rare and/or complex epilepsies and represent original work (invited lectures are excluded).
- The candidates will be asked to attest that they did NOT receive full support from their Institution or Pharma.
- In case of partial support, candidates remain eligible, but will be requested to provide information on amount received and type of support (ex. Registration fee etc.)
All applications will be evaluated by the EpiCARE Research Council. Only applications received at the latest 6 weeks before the date of the congress will be considered for evaluation. Applications will be assessed according to scientific content with respect of all the above mentioned requirements.
For any questions or help in the submission, please contact Sébile TCHAICHA, the EpiCARE Research Project Manager