We have the pleasure to inform you that the 1st International Symposium on Genetic Syndromes with Movement Disorders and Epilepsy will be held in Barcelona, Spain on February 6-7, 2020. This first edition is organized in the continuity of the International Symposium on Child Movement Disorders, which gathered every other year more than 300 professionals from 30 different countries since 2004. The best-qualified experts involved in pediatric movement disorders took part in this biannual meeting.
The main topics proposed for the 2020 meeting include:
- Co-occurrence of Movement Disorders and Epilepsy: an historical overview;
- The hunting of causative genes;
- Basic cellular mechanisms involved in movement disorders and epilepsy;
- Pathways involved in the co-occurrence of movement disorders and epilepsy;
- Disorders related to: GNAO1; ATP1A3; SCN1A; FOXG1; TBC1D24; Other;
- Principles of current and future management: medical treatments of the epilepsies, the movement disorders; deep brain stimulation; Gene therapy and other innovative treatments
We remain at your disposal for any further information you might like.
The organizing committee
Alexis Arzimanoglou (France), Jaume Campistol (Spain), Emilio Fernandez-Alvarez (Spain), Renzo Guerrini (Italy), Nardo Nardocci (Italy)
For further information relating to the symposium and to register, please click here.